Sunday, February 1, 2009

To New Beginnings

When I first joined Second Life in 2007, it was simply to see what the hype was all about. Having been a gamer for over ten years, I considered myself a fairly competent explorer of the metaverse. I had started with telnetting, zmudding, and moved up the ranks of mmorpg’s over the years. Plus some strong gaming addictions which lead to my family having nearly every gaming console as it was released.

I had been with my spouse for over ten years and as time had progressed, my needs changed. The young woman I was at 17 and the needs I thought I had, changed. The woman I am today at 32 has far different desires, needs, and self-awareness. Not to mention… I was bored senseless.

My first avatar was quite an experience and I enjoyed a variety of pastimes in Second Life: sculpting, texturing, dancing, “stripping”, owning a business and more. In May, I created an alternate character, Keaira. I had decided that I was going to use Second Life to pursue my sexual needs and I was going to live vicariously through the fantasies I could explore in this virtual realm.

My first day I had met approximately ten or twelve very appealing gentlemen and had a great time… On the second or third day of my new self, I met a very enticing man from overseas. I had not used the voice portion of Second Life and this man introduced me to it. His avatar was Rafe Clary and he ran the voice sexhibitionists’ group. I had never had voice sex in Second Life either. *phew* we’ll save the discussions on voice sex for another day… but it warms me up just thinking about it. The things we did… in public, for any and all to hear. It was an awakening.

Anyway, Rafe and I spent on average of six to eight hours a day with each other. Every day. Some days we’d be together for up to 16 hours. Yes, we were fiends. Where was my husband you ask? Sitting on the couch.

In September, my husband and I entered counseling. I stopped my Second Life adventuring to see if what we had could be repaired. At the beginning of the year, I told him it was over and now I’m back. I am surrounded by boxes as I pack up my life.

And what happened to Rafe? Well, he came to see me. He traveled from New Zealand to Minnesota to spend two wonderful weeks with me. The reality simply can not compare to the fantasy, it’s so much better. He’ll be coming back very shortly and we’ll be sharing our lives together. I’m not here to judge or be judged. Life is what you make of it and I plan on enjoying every minute I can.

No comments: