Monday, February 9, 2009

What if you get bored?

So, I’m skipping all the details, but the short story is I’m leaving my husband and I’m going to move in with my partner that I met in Second Life. Only 10,000 miles separate us at the moment, but soon we’ll be together again.

My mother asked me the other day, what if you get bored again. Since one of my major issues with my soon to be ex was being completely and totally bored, sexually, mentally, etc.

I looked at her for a moment and said, what if I do? Why does society dictate that a choice made can never be unmade? What if I do get bored. Rafe and I have a great understanding and we both share a need for adventure and change. He makes major changes and so do I.

If I get bored, I’m going to say I am bored and together we’ll find new excitement… or we’ll change again.

I have never understood why our society seems so rigid in making relationship changes a negative experience. If you are bored, if you feel unappreciated, if you aren’t stimulated… you have every right to seek fulfillment. We only get one life and at any time, it could end. Why not seek and find happiness?

Just because you made a choice a dozen years or so ago to share your life with one person… that doesn’t mean you can never make a new choice. Every day we have the opportunity to make choices.

My mother was surprised by my answer, but after a moment she agreed with me, understanding my point of view… .

So, what will you do if you get bored in your life?

No comments: